Under the general supervision from the Director – Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant offers a range of responsibilities that require strong coordination, administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills. The Temporary - Human Resources Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, and other HR professional team members by coordinating specific HR processes and a variety of HR Programs as needed by the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Administrative Assistant:
- Provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the HR leadership team at all times exercising diplomacy and discretion. Perform duties that may be clerical, administrative and project-based in nature which include, but are not limited to, scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, etc.
- Researches, drafts, and prepares correspondence and presentation pieces as requested; coordinates meetings and communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals as requested; manages calendar and expense reporting for the Chief Human Resources Officer
- Assists the Director and VPHR in obtaining information for the department’s budget and compiles reports, such as account balances, and performs related budget tasks
- Prepares agenda and takes minutes for staff meetings and/or committee meetings as directed. Prepares draft meeting minutes for review and approval. Maintains meeting minutes archive.
- Designs and generates reports that contain complex data using MS Excel and other applications/systems. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence.
- Works on special assignments that may be complex in nature where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Tracks action items and deliverables to include, but not limited to, budgets, reporting, for the VPHR, and proactively problem solves routine issues and/or schedule time with the appropriate stakeholders to address those of a more complex nature.
- Serves as a resource person by providing guidance and recommendations to a wide variety of individuals regarding complex and day-to-day human resource-related functions, thereby enabling such contacts to make informed decisions.
- Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety, and environmental standards and regulations.
Requirements of the Human Resources Administrative Assistant:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or related field
- "Expert" knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), preferably Excel, and the ability to handle complex spreadsheets, presentations, and scheduling.
- Proven ability to perform in a high-energy, demanding, sometimes ambiguous, multi-tasking environment; ability to balance competing priorities
- Must have the demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion, while dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Acute attention to accuracy; detailed and analytical in all aspects of responsibilities
- Able to navigate conflicting and changing priorities, while maintaining a commitment to efficiency and providing deliverables in a timely manner
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision; flexible and adaptable. Demonstrated ability to organize own work; coordinate projects; set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures, skills in basic math.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; leadership capabilities and ability to initiate and maintain positive cross-team relationships. Polished, professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated initiative in recommending solutions to improve work flow/processes. Must be flexible to work outside of normal work schedule when required.
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal labor laws desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with officers, managers, employees, representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters
Compensation & Schedule for the Human Resources Administrative Assistant:
- Salary: $18.00 /hr
- Schedule: 30 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Temporary Assignment Length: Approximately 18 months